View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 07:24 AM   #8
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozric View Post
Did I go wrong somewhere?
Not necessarily. The PRST1 does seem to have a problem with sometimes deciding to re-extract all its metadata from the epubs and the plugboard data gets overwritten. Kolenka (the creater of calibre's PRST1 driver) thought it was something to do with timezones, I think. It's a pity as the plugboards are rock-solid on my PRS650 and PRS505.

You can try 2 ways to get them back:
Plan A - Reconnect the T1 to calibre, let it run its routines, then disconnect in the normal way.
If that doesn't work...
Plan B - Do a full T1 device shutdown and restart. Followed by Plan A

Having a good suitable filenaming convention is a good fallback option for when the above happens and it's not convenient to connect to the PC. Choosing the 'Sort by filename' option always works.

Of course, if you change the metadata in calibre the plugboard option automatically updates the Sony next time you connect. The filename won't change unless you resend the epub. Swings and roundabouts.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote