View Single Post
Old 09-27-2009, 01:16 AM   #21
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion2001 View Post
Thanks! That is very useful. I use Word, but I hate it when it comes time for rigorous formatting. I am currently in the middle of writing my doctorate thesis in Word and I am not having any fun . It works OK most of the time but every now and then it does something silly and it is a huge pain hacking at it till I can fix it. I wish I could use LaTeX but my advisor is a MS junkie.
You could try making it in LaTex, output to PDF, and converting that to Word. The tables would probably have to be reformatted, and the actual formatting would be atrocious from a desktop publishing perspective (footnotes would be loose text at the bottom of the page, not linked to their numbers), but it'd probably *look* right.

If you need it more correctly formatted than that, you could use Open Office, which is similar to Word in structure & workflow but less full of MS's peculiar approach to some formatting concepts. (And free. And if teacher complains, tell him not everyone can afford Microsoft Office.)
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote