View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 09:17 AM   #8
Dave W
Connoisseur
Dave W will become famous soon enoughDave W will become famous soon enoughDave W will become famous soon enoughDave W will become famous soon enoughDave W will become famous soon enoughDave W will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-600 & Nook ST w/glow light
Thanks for everyone's comments. Unfortunately, it has been raining and cold around here ever since I had the page turning problem. I haven't been able to test it again in case it was just a fluke. However, I should point out that the Sun was hitting the screen directly, no shadow. The sky was clear. So I imagine that would be the maximum infra-red exposure possible unless I lived much further south. I sit on my second story deck, facing a Koi pond and with my tea cup balanced on the railing. So turning around to put my back between the Sun and the Nook is not a solution.

Incidentally, there appeared to be no fading of the text with the Sun directly on the screen. My Sony reader would go to being unreadable after 5 minutes or so with that much Sun exposure, but swiping to turn a page still worked. Also, I did not have any problem with glare. If I ever see the Sun again, I'll repeat the page turning test to see if the problem is real. Were you folks that have not experienced this doing your reading with the Sun shining directly onto the screen?

Dave W
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote