View Single Post
Old 09-30-2011, 07:37 PM   #1
1611mac
eWanderer
1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iMac,iPad3,iPhone5-Kindle Fire,Touch,PaperWhite
Inconsistancy in how my cover displays - depends on app.

I have created an epub using Pages (Apple OSX app). The cover works in some apps and not others.

Here's the results:
• Bluefire - shows the first page in the book as the cover, not the cover itself.
• iBooks - Cover shows properly
• Kobo - Shows an image on page one as the cover.
• Ouiivo - Cover shows properly
• Stanza - Cover shows proplery
• uBooks - No cover displays at all.

You can see that three apps display the cover properly and thee do not.

Additionally, I have tried adding the cover in Calibre (then "save to disk") but the results have been similar.

Is this inconsistency a fault of the epub code or is it a problem with the apps?
1611mac is offline   Reply With Quote