View Single Post
Old 06-17-2017, 08:40 PM   #24
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
I really enjoy reading on my Mini! A higher resolution screen is critical to me to avoid eye-strain. I think it helps to experiment with different reading apps to find the ones that have controls for line spacing, text size and font, margin size, etc that are most comfortable for your eyes. Some apps allow customization of different colors for text and background or even textured backgrounds like paper too.

I turn night-shift on and that helps with low-light and night-time reading. I also switch to a black background with white text (the white becomes light yellow with night-shift on and is softer on my eyes).
Yes, apps that allow a high level of customization is a must. I use Marvin and go with a light blue background and white text. I've been using it on computer screens for years and for whatever reason find it very easy on my eyes.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote