View Single Post
Old 07-15-2018, 02:39 PM   #8
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Aura H2O, Aura HD, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Air, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostschutz View Post
pretty much all cards you can buy today, should be fast enough for ebook readers. it won't change some things being slow...

a lot of operations will run from ram (cache) anyway, the devices have plenty of ram (for ebook reader) which is rarely ever actually used.
The last time I did some testing during February, I found that there are still quite a few SD cards that have totally abysmal small block read/write performance. And I can and do notice the effect on my ereaders, Raspberry Pi and 3-D printer when using those cards -- the blasted 3-D printer is slow enough without timeout errors reading from the SD card. Basically, Samsung and SanDisk are still the two manufacturers with consistent small block performance.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote