View Single Post
Old 07-13-2018, 10:58 PM   #3
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 3, iPad 9.7, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derf View Post
So, I know that the standard 8GB in the Clara HD can hold thousands of books. Which is quite a few thousand more than I currently own/have.

However, if I were so inclined, what would I look for in a memory card to make the loading/reading of ebooks faster?

I see lots of benchmarks on micro SD cards, and they have basically 6 categories : sequential read, sequential write, 512K read, 512K write, and 4k read, and 4K write.

The small 4K read/write are always slower than sequential read/write. And I wonder, with a ePub that is maybe half a MB, would the 4K read/write be an important factor?

And does anyone know if the hardware in the Kobo devices will be limiting to take advantage of a $50 top-speed card?
4K read/write. You want one with at least 1MB/s. With cards that have slow 4K, you might experience OS hanging/stalling.

Yes, the internal card reader is slow. Something like the Samsung EVO should do quite nicely. No need to get the PRO.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote