View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 04:32 AM   #9
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
Reading and reading and reading....

I think I need to flash the main partition...it should be mmcblk0p1...If I take a 5.0.0 firmware image, it should also fix the collateral problem I talked about...Am I wrong?

But where can I find the main partition image? I can't see it in debrick post...

Than I should copy mmcblk0p1 to /mnt/us, run in SSH this command:

Code:
dd if=/mnt/us/mmcblk0p1.img of=/dev/mmcblk0p1 bs=4
If it doesn't work, I should run also this:

Code:
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/mmcblk0p3 bs=4K count=1K
to erase /var/local...

Finally I should run the factory_restore script, but where can I find it? And how can I run it?

Thanks to all! I promise I'll write down a noob guide for the future...including also all problems related to using Windows!
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote