View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 06:27 PM   #17
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by samanthaS View Post
But, do you mind if Kindle user borrow eBooks from your library?
Who knows few years from now you may be able to access and borrow e-books from libraries all across the country. Assuming you let them display banner ads on your device
I don't mind at all! (Especially since I have a K3.) My issue is that usage data, which influences spending decisions, should reflect the activities of the cardholder households, not "them and a few hundred of their closest friends across the country".

Non-resident programs are able to sort through that because the non-residents have legitimate cards. With the sharing of library cards, the libraries don't know that the activity is by people who aren't in the service area. The library should reflect the needs of the communities it serves. That's not even factoring in the HC 26-checkout limit and how I feel about checkouts being taken up by people who aren't in the local tax base.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote