View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 05:11 AM   #8
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
@DoubleShuffle -- yup, I found that link, and am now shamelessly using their transcription (which is far from perfect, but saving me a lot of time). I do not feel guilty, since they seem to have abandoned the project two years ago.

I am using the scan of the print book for proofing (and btw, that jpg2pdf is really fast and easy, I love it. It took much more time just to convert to jpeg, the pdf conversion took about 2 minutes to convert 100 pages to a pdf. I had to break into sections or file size got too unwieldy for my Sumatra reader. The entire job took about 20 minutes. So thank you again for giving me that link!)

Anyway, comparison of this expanded version to the original serial shows identical titles and text up through chapter 33, and then things rapidly fall apart. Text of the final six chapters of the original serial is probably still scattered throughout the 140 new chapters --- upon a quick glance, the original final two chapters have seen great revision.

@DaleDe ---I will definitely re-number the chapters accurately, for both inline and TOC.
Perhaps I will try to create new chapter titles, and put the original titles in parentheses. Or something. I am not sure, as this could involve 100 or more titles, and I don't know what kind of results I will come up with.

I've never had a project with this sort of problem before... (but of course, I *have* lived a sheltered life).

Last edited by GrannyGrump; 05-15-2018 at 06:29 AM.
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote