View Single Post
Old 10-14-2017, 02:59 PM   #2620
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Nice thought.
But Amazon loads all *.jar files on start-up, not just those it actual requires.
(Which is one of the reasons that picking a language does not force an immediate restart.)
Odd. I messed up editing a jar once and caused either a boot loop or "your kindle needs repair" message, I don't remember which. DO_FACTORY_RESET then selecting a different language allowed me to get into the home screen. Of course that was a few bytes, not an entirely different jar.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote