View Single Post
Old 01-03-2010, 08:19 PM   #7
Boston
Fanatic
Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Aura H20, Pixel XL
Quote:
Originally Posted by kezza View Post
You can't use your fingernail to navigate the touchscreen, but you can use the side of your finger or your knuckle. Back when I used to have very long nails I'd use my knuckles to punch numbers on calculators, telephones, etc, so I wouldn't chip my polish. The same method works great on my iPhone.
I tried on the Nook but with the small lcd, I found myself hitting the wrong option more often than not. Perhaps, its just practice but I would think twice before buying a Nook (or iPhone). I also noticed that there were a lot of fingerprint smudges on the panel from handling. As I mentioned, I had a touchscreen phone and opted to trade it for one with a keyboard. Just a personal preference.

The funny thing was that I was kind of worried that once I held a Nook, I would be placing my order (I'm kind of weak like that when it comes to gadgets). So its kind of a relief.

(Thanks tvg for explaining why I haven't had the issue with all touchscreens).

Last edited by Boston; 01-03-2010 at 08:23 PM.
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote