View Single Post
Old 07-11-2017, 10:21 AM   #8
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Oh you misunderstood that 90%. I actually looked at them before getting rid of them.
It was an independent study on are self-published authors worth reading.
You're right, I did misunderstand. I thought the "independent study" thing must be tongue-in-cheek because I didn't quite see how an independent study could be used to clear a TBR list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Most of those deleted were not even good enough to be a first draft in a college freshman English class. Several were not even good enough to qualify for "Hooked on Phonetics".

Many were not even at this level.
https://www.amazon.com/Childrens-Wri...dp/B00M3UCJRC/

I completely agree with this review of the book.
"This is one of the best books I have read in a long time. It will take you on a journey, you will not soon forget. This young man is a very talented artist and author. I think he has a great future in the writing world."

If you have a spare dollar, buy that book. I am sure the now 7 year old would appreciate the money.
I wonder when the sequel is planned.

Curiously, since starting to read ebooks I've downloaded less really bad stuff than I used to buy from the $2 box at book sales. Not that I haven't seen them, but so far at least I've managed to avoid downloading them.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote