View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 08:19 AM   #12
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
From your description, the problem is one of two things:

* a book format that the indexer can not handle (clear the user storage partition (mmcblk0p4) of all books)

* you have run out of room in the *local* partition (zero mmcblk0p3).

NOTE: (that is a big NOTE) - -
"I tried all other available diags img on the internet ..."
A really, really, big noobie mistake.

Once again:

The Linux kernel (as used in the Kindles) is not a monolithic, self-contained, kernel image.
Some of its services are provided by dynamically loaded "kernel modules" (things like the e-ink display drivers).
"kernel modules" live inside of the file system image.

Translation: You must use "matched pairs" of a file system image (the loadable modules ++ other stuff) and a kernel image.

An alternative solution?
Carefully compare all that you have done with the published directions, accept no differences between your actions and the published directions.

Hmmm....
Here we have a person who has proven themselves unable to follow printed directions ;
and I am wasting my time, writing more printed directions that they probably will not follow.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote