View Single Post
Old 03-02-2014, 10:53 AM   #540
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaiGuru View Post
Hello. I'm a new participant so I apologize if this is the wrong place for this.

What I wanted to request was a plugin that would add speed reading functionality to Calibre. Speed reading apps have become pretty popular. They flash a single word at you, at an adjustable wpm that enable you to learn to ingest information faster by silencing your internal dialogue. While this is not an ideal way to read all forms of text it is highly useful for some. I'd love to have this in Calibre so I don't have to open another program or webs site and copy text over.

Thank you for considering my idea!
You can use any (format supporting)viewer you want with Calibre.

2 ways:

1) Preference: Behavior: (right column) Use internal Viewer: remove the TICK for those you ONLY want the OS to support.

2) Use the Open With Plugin and Create a 'Speed reader' app entry for the app you use.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote