View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 09:35 AM   #30
exaltedwombat
Guru
exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
I have created a whole set of tools and procedures in/with Word to guide me from the OCR process to creating HTML (now testing export from Word directly to clean ePUB btw). I cannot reach the same level in the same time with the other tools. It will take me a whole lot of time more and I question whether the results are better.
The tools are geared towards my working process and will for sure not suit everybody. I don't mind, because I make them for me initially. For example, I will not create a stylesheet based on the layout in Word. I will retain formatting like bold/italic and so on. I do use styles with the same names as the classes in my stylesheet, so I don't have to.
Will I release the tools here just like my macro? Probably. Will it help people? Hopefully. Can anyone use it? Yes, to some extend. As with all tools, the more knowledge you have, the better your results.
Thank you for the offer of sharing your tools. Yes, I'm sure we would all benefit from them, and a brief talk-through your conversion process from PDF (or whatever) to epub. I hope you find time to do it soon!
exaltedwombat is offline   Reply With Quote