View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 06:30 AM   #137
ernalve
ernalve began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
Which data.tar.gz did you use? There are different people posting different versions in different threads, of differing amounts of safety and reliability. We need to analyze the exact one that you used.

What do you mean by "latest"? Did you download it from the wiki, or from a thread?

Please provide a link to the one you used. A *lot* of people seem to be bricking their kindles with data.tar.gz lately. We need to get this under control.
I used this file: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/att...4&d=1326777193

The kindle tried to boot all night (I imagine) and so it run off battery. When I connect via usb, the kindle tree image shows up and windows keeps making the sound as if a usb device had been plugged but nothing shows up. The kindle tree image turns on and off while the orange light at the bottom of the device is always on while plugged via usb.

I unplugged it and tried to restart the kindle by holding the on/off button, but when 4-5 seconds pass the green light blinks and nothing happens.

That's all that I notice right now, I've thought at connecting the kindle to a different computer to see if something different ocurres...

Thanks again
ernalve is offline   Reply With Quote