View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 07:25 AM   #13
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Richard, it is not that I mind well-done self-promotion. Certainly, a guy like Nick who has it in his sig, mentions it from time to time and seems to get most of his 'plugs' from others via word of mouth promotion does not offend at all and seems to be doing it right. What I dislike is some of the behaviour I mentioned---I think GeoffC is referring to the same lady author as I am, and I posted this thread in lieu of a comment on her own thread because I did not want to offend. "It's been three days, where is my review" and that sort of thing just turns me off.

And I disagree with you that readers have an 'obligation' in the new system. Are they not fulfilling their entire obligation by shelling out their time and money? I feel like I already do my share with the blogging and reviewing (which I do for free). If the author wants more publicity, the *author* should do the work because it is their *job.* If they don't want to do it like a job, then it's a hobby and they can just write for fun (and that is a valid choice, btw---and one I have made).
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote