View Single Post
Old 08-01-2017, 04:18 PM   #1
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Firmware glitch - typing text slow on some firmware+device combinations

I thought about doing a more scientific measurement, in the end a very basic test suffices.

On some firmware, on some devices, typing test is sluggish.

Take Kingsoft Office ( cn.wps.moffice_eng ), take QuickEdit ( com.rhmsoft.edit ). To type text, I used Hacker's keyboard ( org.pocketworkstation.pckeyboard ).

Take a T68 using firmware 1.8.2 of 3 May 2017. Open QuickEdit, type a string like 'qwertyuiop asdfghjkl': one second later, the 'l' appears. Type the same on Kingsoft: same speed.

Now take a MaxCarta using again firmware 1.8.2 of 3 May 2017. Open QuickEdit, type the same string, like 'qwertyuiop asdfghjkl': one second later, again the 'l' appears, correctly. Type the same on Kingsoft: it takes around 15 seconds for the last letter to appear.

(I am sure also the i86 had issues - I am not reporting here since it does not have the latest firmware.)

I will try to raise this as a bug.
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote