View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 06:01 PM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmcread View Post
hi there.
joined this community to learn about ereaders...
I am planning to buy several.. yes .. several as gifts.. that is all they want...
I might get one for myself next year. IPADs are too expensive for me... (thats another story!)

so i will be asking lots of questions.. (hopefully not silly questions).
before going into the details of each working one... I have a very general question to start...
can someone get by WITHOUT paying for any ebooks.. just download the free books to read ??? how are the choices .. of course , i won't get the latest releases... but is it like going to the library... you can get decent books to read ?? for someone I have in mind for buying .. he might not be able to afford buying ebooks therefore maybe ereader not so good a choice for him..... so are they good sites for free ebooks ??

and can you share ebooks between devices .... ??
First, you would have to check your local library to see if they have a decent selection of the books you like to read in ebook format. Libraries differ in what they carry.

Next, check our own library here for thousands of beautifully formatted books by authors whose talents have withstood the test of time.

I can't speak for the rest, but with the Kindle you can share up to 6 devices AS LONG as they are on the same amazon account.

Good luck!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote