View Single Post
Old 10-18-2017, 03:11 PM   #4
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolasmart View Post
Even if you had special offers, if you contact Customer Service and tell them to remove your ads, they will do it for free from their end. I guess that when you pay +$20 for non-special offers Kindle/Fire, you just skip the hassle of having to contact Customer Service.

Really strange. I haven't purchased a refurbished Amazon device, but maybe they removed all the special offers when they reflashed its firmware, so that no user data will be left on the device.
In this case these were used (not refurbished) Fires sold by Amazon Warehouse and they were supposedly selling both Fires with special offers and Fires without. So, in theory, it was just like buying a new Fire – you could choose either configuration and we chose the ones with special offers.

Maybe they were low on these by the time we bought them and only had the non-ad ones available. No complaints (at all!). Just odd, and kind of nice. (I'm actually considering paying $15 to take ads off my Fire now.)
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote