View Single Post
Old 04-16-2017, 06:44 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy6553 View Post
So what I'm really asking is will it be worthwhile updating Calibre for me? What would the benefits be? Or just keep everything as is since it's not broken.
If you're using Windows XP you won't be able to upgrade beyond 1.48.

If you upgrade, your plugins should survive, or you'll get a notice to update them. The good news is that the upgrade won't affect your libraries. There were a few (rarely used) plugins that didn't get updated when 2.0 was released - check the Index at the top of the Plugins sub-forum.

But whether to upgrade is your decision, this should help ==>> calibre - What's new

The link at the top will tell you of the major changes in Version 2.0. And if you scroll down to release 1.47 and then page up you can read what been added since.

There is a major release (version 3.0) in the pipeline, if there's no compelling reason to upgrade to version 2.nn now, you might want to wait for its official release, it will have a beta testing phase.

Moderator Notice

I moved this into the outer calibre forum. A decision as to whether to upgrade of not to upgrade has broader implications than plugin survival

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 04-16-2017 at 06:56 PM.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote