View Single Post
Old 04-22-2018, 12:49 PM   #17
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Dell Venue 8 Pro & Kindle 3 - Retired: Clie UX50, T415, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Huh!
Windows defender has never touched Calibre on my systems.
Check the firewall settings to see if Calibre.exe is allowed
Long ago and far away (read: when Windows 8.0 was the current version), I had and issue with one then new calibre build that Defender erroneously blocked. The previous version of calibre would install and run and a few days later, after a small Windows update, Defender no longer blocked the newer calibre. I've had no issue since under Wind 8.0, 8.1, and the plethora of Win10 releases.

I did note that the OP is running an old version of Windows that is no longer supported by MS. According to the error message he's running Windows 8.0 (numeric version 6.2.x) and may also be stuck with an outdated Defender. MS support for Win8.0 is mostly limited to updating to 8.1 or 10.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote