View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 06:44 PM   #51
stepk
Groupie
stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K5 B011 5.3.2.1
orientation extension

It doesn't seem to be "orientation" but take a look at it anyway, because what I get is 4 entries (yes! it's working now, but more on that below) all with the same title (the shell script name) - usability issue
config.xml
Spoiler:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<extension>
<information>
<name>Orientation</name>
<version>1.0</version>
<author>Yifan Lu</author>
<id>orientation</id>
</information>
<menus>
<menu type="json">menu.json</menu>
</menus>
</extension>

menu.json
Spoiler:

{
"items": [
{
"name": "Orientation",
"priority": 5,
"items": [
{"name": "Portrait", "priority": 0, "action": "bin/setorientation.sh", "params": "U"},
{"name": "Portrait Inverted", "priority": 1, "action": "bin/setorientation.sh", "params": "D"},
{"name": "Landscape Left", "priority": 2, "action": "bin/setorientation.sh", "params": "L"},
{"name": "Landscape Right", "priority": 3, "action": "bin/setorientation.sh", "params": "R"}
]
}
]
}

In swapping some sub-folders out and back in the launcher stopped crashing, so unfortunately I can't reproduce this crash anymore. However, now when all extensions are included the launcher menu wrongly shows just your helper entries, so I'm thinking that I should be able to identify the bad guy anyhow. Will continue swapping in/out tomorrow.

A usability issue: Your 6 helper entries fill up exactly one page here, so if I try scrolling that page to look for more (non-existent in this case) entries I always end up starting one the 6 entries by mistake. I can't tell due to previous issue, but will it show scrollbars or allow scrolling when more than a pagefull of extensions is available?

Last edited by stepk; 01-20-2013 at 06:47 PM.
stepk is offline   Reply With Quote