View Single Post
Old 09-14-2011, 05:00 PM   #116
stonetools
Wizard
stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, IPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
Hmmm.... Toshibe Thrive. $429 plus an SDXC slot, and a user replaceable battery. Eventually the firmware will catch up to the SDXC slot. And 128GB cards today, 2 TB someday?

(I suspect it'll still be working 10 year from now, with the user replaceable battery...)

But then again I'm old school. I remember when Apple stopped selling low memory Apple IIs (May 1980), so they could get $200 more for chips that cost $50 in the open market, and probably cost them $10 in massive bulk...

Well, I suspect you are quite a bit more techie than the average user, and you would have no problems troubleshooting the kind of SD card problems mentioned above. You know what "firmware" is, for example- a word that the average user would not have heard of or understood. It's always kind of interesting to realize that the technically sophisticated think that the general poulation is or should be just as technically adept as they are, and don't understand that the average user values simplicity, convenience and security a great deal more than the techincally adept do.
You clearly think that Apple is taking advantage of the average consumer here, and maybe they are. But then again, maybe the average consumer is willing to trade off greater expense and lack of choices in return for simplicity and convenience.
stonetools is offline   Reply With Quote