View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013, 01:01 PM   #8
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechniSol View Post
If you have a ton of books or it tends to fail a majority of the time while performing the same task or with a certain book that might shed a little light on why it's resetting, or at least why it's taking so long to reboot.

Does anyone know if there is an internal dump file or boot log created that would tell anyone what is going on?
I've run into the very slow boot issue when and there is no dump file generated. At first, I had thought my Aura had completely frozen though if I removed the SD card and rebooted, it would boot with normal speed. After the boot, if I inserted the SD card, it would take longer than a factory reset/process SD card before it would be responding again. OTOH, it didn't lose my stats the way a factory reset did. The issue seems to be triggered when I removed books from the uSD card and then power cycled the Aura. Didn't matter if I deleted the books using Calibre, the Aura GUI or just deleted them from the computer command line. After the first slow boot, it would be normal until the next time I attempted to manage my library.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote