Thread: New Kobo: Nia
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2020, 01:49 PM   #172
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Edit: after reading for the night, I tilted my Clara until I could see the glow from the LEDs at the bottom. At max orange, the white lights are off. So I'm not sure why the Nook has so much more range. The white lights do only seen to turn completely off when you are at our near 100% night mode though.
This is correct about the Clara. Set max brightness; set the color halfway between day and night. Look straight down at the bottom bezel; you will be able to see the alternating white and orange LED lights.

My questions about the Nia:

1. If it's only $10 less than the Clara, and the Clara remains available, who would buy a Nia?

2. Once it's out of the box, powered off, how can we tell the Clara from the Nia? There's bound to be confusion with two models that are physically almost identical.

Last edited by Calenorn; 06-27-2020 at 01:51 PM.
Calenorn is online now   Reply With Quote