Thread: New Kobo: Nia
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2020, 10:45 PM   #166
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I just – finally – really realized what you were saying. So, on the Kobos, it's either the white LEDs or the orange ones, but never both?
No, no. The opposite. On Kobo, if the front light is on, the white LEDs are ALWAYS on. So when you go into the warmlight settings and max it out, all lights, white and orange are lit. What that means is that the orange light is washed out.

On the Nook, when using warm light settings, from 0% to about 75% the white lights are on and more and more orange is mixed in. But, once you cross about 75% warm lighting, the white LEDs fade off and then only orange LEDs are lit.

A picture is worth a thousand words, so I've attached two thousand words for you. The Clara is on the left and the Glowlight 3 is on the right. Lighting is different device to device, but in one I tried to get the two as equal as I could. On the other I maxed out the Nook's warm lighting. The difference is obvious. (Sorry for the slight fisheye. My Pixel is being weird).

Edit: after reading for the night, I tilted my Clara until I could see the glow from the LEDs at the bottom. At max orange, the white lights are off. So I'm not sure why the Nook has so much more range. The white lights do only seen to turn completely off when you are at our near 100% night mode though.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200626_213341.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	476.5 KB
ID:	180227   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200626_213354.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	477.0 KB
ID:	180228  

Last edited by ZodWallop; 06-27-2020 at 12:36 AM.
ZodWallop is online now   Reply With Quote