View Single Post
Old 08-26-2019, 02:53 AM   #48
WillowWild
WillowWild began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Glowlight 3
I've joined this forum just because of how many problems I've been having with my Glowlight 3 since the firmware update.

Note: I pretty much exclusively use it to sideload library books.

1st... My Nook was getting corrupted over and over, the only solution being a factory reset each time.

Then I thought I might have fixed it, by deregistering/reregisering it from Adobe Digital Editions (the program I usually utilize.) I also didn't reload the book I thought may or may not have been corrupting it?

However, I started having I guess a minor issue, in that the screen won't refresh by tapping.

Today I've tried to load a couple new library books, and one of them didn't appear. That's been a longstanding issue from before the update, which I could usually get around by loading it from AN OLD VERSION of Calibre. (A newer version would corrupt everything.)

So... I tried that trick, but then none of my library books would open, and I got an error message. Luckily the whole device wasn't corrupted, but I had to delete the books and reload them to get them to work again (aside from the previously unloadable one.)

I went to see if maybe there was an update to the update of the firmware, but I'm getting "Check for System Update Failed, please try again later."

I guess I might try the newest version of Calibre again later? This is such a headache, though.
WillowWild is offline   Reply With Quote