View Single Post
Old 04-13-2018, 06:50 PM   #42
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
Thanks, again. I think that the next thing that I try will be one (hopefully only one will be necessary) or both of the things that you suggested. I think of it as coming from the other direction--instead of trying to accomplish what I want, using the phone, I'll try to use the app or PC to accomplish the job that I want to do on the smartphone. Sounds like a convoluted system to me, but whatever works . . . .
Well, you can accomplish it directly on Android. It just seems to me you're having a hard time figuring out how. I've never had issues with file management on Android (I use ES File Explorer). I think it's probably because you need to get used to a new touch based interface without the benefit mouse and simple drag'n'drop. What we have on Android is actually far easier than on iOS. Of course, the Apple/iOS way to is throw money at a problem (e.g. $100-300 internal storage upgrades).

Note, long pressing on icons is usually equivalent to right clicking on Windows. That often gives you a bunch of useful menu items.

I don't have an Android device with me right at this moment but when I checked last night (Moto G4 Play, Android 7.1), it seemed like mine actually had a built-in file manager already (Settings - Storage - Explore, iirc).

Think of it this way, the internal memory on Android is your C: drive. You're running out of space on C: drive so you connected an external hard drive or flash drive (let's call it D: ) to your computer to get more space. Problem is you never told your apps to save files on D: instead of C: and that's kind of where you are right now.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote