View Single Post
Old 04-12-2018, 10:05 AM   #32
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
I don't have Android 7, but on my android 5.1 device I open settings - storage - apps then select the app and often there is an option to move the app to the SD card. I also go to settings - storage to clear the cache by clicking on cache and saying yes to clearing the cache.

Additionally I use Calibre Companion (CC) to transfer books from calibre to my SD card. Choose location of books in CCs settings. In Moon+ Reader Pro I can set where to store the books in the app. Also in the podcast app I can choose to save podcasts to the SD card. But how this works on Android 7 I have no idea.

Personally I would buy a fast SD card (UAHS1) and follow the advice given previously.
Things changed with Android 6. You can't move an app to an SD card unless you format the card as internal storage.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-X-...w/td-p/3238691

There are pros and cons to using your card as internal storage, some googling will turn up various articles and forum discussions. I read a bunch of these when I bought an Android 6 phone last year but I no longer have links saved.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote