View Single Post
Old 12-21-2017, 04:25 AM   #15
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
Now that is a very interesting explanation, fantasyfan. Like everyone else, I struggled through it all, managing to read both books, but with difficulty. There were flashes of Carroll through the two books, but for me they were few and far between.

The religious discussions were of no real interest to me, and the fairies, especially the truly nauseating Bruno, were pretty hard to take. The best parts were those set in Outland, and I was hoping (foolishly!) for a good dust-up to sort things out. It was not to be.

One aspect of the books I did enjoy was the illustrations, which I thought were lovely.

I wonder whether it was Carroll or Dodgson who was the photographer?

Last edited by Bookpossum; 12-21-2017 at 04:31 AM.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote