View Single Post
Old 12-20-2017, 10:23 AM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I'm about 1/2 done and I'm deciding if I should just stop of keep going. It's a rather confusing book. It has no cohesion. It's all over the place. Sylvie and Bruno are not all that likable and Uggug and his parents are awful. I'm not all that find of the two professors. Father just seems to abandon the kids. I don't see one redeemable characteristic of any of the lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
I think Jon noted in another thread that the preface was really off-putting, and I agree. It seemed an odd place for a sermon. But everything about the book seemed out of place.
Yes, I did mention that the preface was off-putting. I tried to read it and I could not get through it. it was preachy and dry and boring and brings nothing to the book. Granted, the book doesn't bring much to the reader.

Last edited by JSWolf; 12-20-2017 at 10:31 AM.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote