View Single Post
Old 05-23-2015, 02:41 AM   #1
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Displaying properly narrow no-break-space (u202F)

Hi

Some readers using iBooks on IPAD reported to me they cannot display properly these above characters, used frequently in French texts.
http://www.fileformat.info/info/unic...202f/index.htm

As I do not use IPAD myself, could someone tell me if this information is still relevant to solve this problem?

1. - Using a text editor, create a file having exactly this name:
Quote:
com.apple.ibooks.display-options.xml
and including exactly the following text:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<display_options>
 <platform name="*">
     <option name="specified fonts">true</option>
 </platform>
</display_options>
2. Open the EPUB using the Calibre editor and import this file. The Editor will put it in the META/INF of the EPUB and this should allow the IPAD to read embedded polices.

3. Still using the Calibre editor, also insert this line in the .opf file:

Code:
<meta property="ibooks:specified-fonts">true</meta>

Last edited by roger64; 05-23-2015 at 11:05 AM. Reason: iBooks
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote