View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013, 12:41 PM   #65
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
That's ironic.

Actually, no it's not . It's really all Alanis Morissette's fault (and I know she's Canadian, but to the average Brit Canada and the US are pretty much the same thing...). Anyway, her song Ironic got it all wrong, and gave Brits the impression "Americans" don't get irony. We know different, of course .
I'm pretty sure that I, personally, am only slightly more qualified than Alanis to defend the proposition that Canadians/Americans (yes, I'm also aware that your lumping us together constitutes fightin' words to my northern neighbors) get irony. Perhaps I've opened an off-topic subject that now makes me nervous. Still, those podcasts sting.
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote