View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 05:30 PM   #109
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
I'm actually thinking of something like this:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/eb7b/#tabs

an emergency power source for phones, ipods, and so on. My kids have a lamentable tendency to not keep their phones charged up except at night. We've got a small one, that works to recharge my son's phone about half way (or maybe a little more), and I've got a charger that runs on two AA batteries, but I don't know how much that small amount can do.

I've investigated solar rechargers, but I'm not convinced we'd have a good way to use it in cloudy Michigan. For longer outages, we've got a gas-powered generator (but that assumes we can get gas for it) - this would be just for more short-term emergencies. (maybe give the kids one to keep in their car)
If it's just for your house I would get a battery jump starter. I bought one for my car, but have found that it'll charge my GS3 in about 2 hrs, with little charge taken from it.
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote