View Single Post
Old 04-06-2011, 05:50 PM   #3
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
I think there was a thread about this last summer some time, and someone had an author "sign" with a touch screen stylus, though I don't remember on which device.

I've thought that putting books on SD cards, thumb drives, etc., and having those be signable might be a good solution.

Another possibility: an authors' autograph book. You could have each author sign a page in the autograph album, with space for a picture of them (or the two of you!), information about the event, anything you wanted. It wouldn't be quite the same thing as an autographed book, but on the other hand it would be safer than lending out your autographed copy of a favorite book and never getting it back, or having something terrible happen to it when it's out of your hands (my boss once returned a book looking like his dog had chewed on it, and he didn't have a dog), or having to buy another copy (and take up another book's worth of space) so you can have a reading/lending copy as well as the signed one in its little plastic bag.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote