View Single Post
Old 04-06-2011, 05:20 PM   #1
FatDog
Witless protection Agent
FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Ebooks and Author Signings - what to do

A few months ago someone here recommended Lisa Lutz as an author who has 4 books in the "Spellman Files" series. It's about a slightly dysfunctional family who run a private detective agency in San Francisco. (We were looking for more books like the Stephanie Plum books from Janet Evanovitch).

I started with one on my new Kindle and I've slowly bought them all and my wife is in the middle of the series.

Well Ms Lutz has a new book out as of yesterday "Heads you Lose" and she is doing a book tour. I plan to attend one of her signings and naturally I was going to buy the hard-cover copy for her to sign.

But - I would really rather order the ebook version. This seems kind of wimpy to go to a book signing and not buy the book. And it's kind of fun having signed copies of a book by a favorite author.

So what to do?

Should I bring a Sharpie and have her sign my leather Kindle cover? Maybe we need a 'skin' where authors can sign the back of our readers?

Have any of you attended an Author event, but purchased the ebook version? Does it feel strange?
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote