View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 01:35 AM   #70
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
I have automatic management enabled as well.
Can be quite disconcertin at times when everything becomes rearranged on upgrading. All of a sudden I had many collections based on authors, series and tags.
Collections are created based on whatever you have listed in the Sony plugin (see attached). If you don't want tags creating collections just remove tags from the plugin. Also if you have it set to automatic management then every time you connect it should sync all of the collections, not just when you upgrade.

Quote:
Easily fixed of course but none of the collections were sorted by series.
I'll let chaley address this but unless there is a bug any collection based on series column info will be in series order.

Quote:
I have a question if you don't mind my asking. If your collections are by series how do you organise the books(on ereader) by authors who have both series and standalone works?
I have 4000+ books in my calibre library, but only around 300 on my device. I only have collections based on Tags (which I keep to a minimum) and Series. I don't try to get fancy with my ereader. I have an idea of what books or series I want to read next and open the collection accordingly. As long as my Series collections are in series order (and they are automatically put in order) then I'm happy.

Quote:
I want my collections by author only and the books to be ordered by series if they are part of a series.
Maybe chaley can hook you up. Or using the plugboard to adjust the title might be the way to go.

Quote:
Basically if there is an author I like, I would prefer to read the books in series order.
I think you speak for most of us that is why having calibre handle my collections and having the series collections automatically in order is so great.

Good Luck.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sony_plugin.png
Views:	1087
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	59980  

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 10-20-2010 at 01:39 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote