View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 09:43 AM   #11
ASparrow
Addict
ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Yeah, been round that block and wasted several hours and only ended up with someone wanting to sell me some conversion program for a couple-a-hundred dollars...

And yep, that's exactly my problem, but I did find this:

http://www.hotkey.net.au/~hambar/hab...l.htm#juwsconv

which seems to convert to text files okay. I wish I could convert and keep the formatting/style/etc.

Actually ASparrow, I went back and tried this again. Downloaded the Word95 converter and installed it in my Word 2007 and it appears to give somewhat good results if you ignore the errors when opening a WordStar file and then specify that it is US Ascii text.
It seems to retain at least some (paragraphs/line breaks) of the formatting.

Thanks for tweaking me on that page/method again.

Great to hear! I managed to rescue a bunch of old short stories from WordStar. They're not worth reading, but they're like old friends and a nice record of where I've been in my writing journey.
ASparrow is offline   Reply With Quote