View Single Post
Old 02-21-2015, 10:32 AM   #41
IceHand
Linux User
IceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle 3
Wow, this is great! I was getting more and more frustrated by my Kindle's limited typographic abilities. I started converting some epubs to PDF by using Calibre to convert to RTF from there to LaTeX using rtf2latex – but then I had to do some manual tweaking for every epub. This is so much easier and looks almost as good as LaTeX.

One question though: I added some faint lines at the top and bottom of every page so that my Kindle doesn't do any auto-cropping of white space (which can't be disabled, as far as I can tell). There's always a small margin between the lines and the borders of the page. Do you know how I can get lines at the very top and bottom of the page?

This is how my default.css looks at the moment:
Code:
@font-face {
    font-family: serif;
    src: local("Sirba")
}

@font-face {
    font-family: sans-serif;
    src: local("Lato")
}

@font-face {
    font-family: monospace;
    src: local("Source Code Pro")
}

@page {
  size: 85mm 114mm;
  margin: 2mm 1mm 2mm 1mm !important;
  border-width: 0.1px;
  border-color:rgb(240,240,240);
  border-top-style:solid;
  border-bottom-style:solid;
}

body {
  font-size: 10pt !important;
  font-family: serif;
  text-align: justify;
  hyphens: auto;
  prince-hyphenate-lines:3;
  prince-image-resolution: 166dpi;
  orphans: 1;
  widows: 1;
  line-height: 1.4em;
  word-spacing: 0.5pt;
}

h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6 {
  hyphens: none;
}

:lang(it), :lang(es) {
  hyphenate-before: 3;
  hyphenate-after: 3;
}
EDIT: Nevermind. I found out that by reducing border-width to 0.01px the lines are as good as invisible on the Kindle. And that's what I wanted.

Last edited by IceHand; 02-21-2015 at 10:45 AM.
IceHand is offline   Reply With Quote