View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 03:35 PM   #10
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr0ybot View Post
Thank you for this beta. 0.6.2 wasn't opening at all on Mac 10.7.5 for me, but this works great.

I like the addition of the separate preview window. I had to go searching for how to turn it on (a menu icon would be nice), but it's really helpful. I noticed that the new preview window and the book view don't seem to handle images at 100% height very well anymore (they stretch to almost 4.5x the window height). The normal book view used to do just fine.
I considered an icon (just re-using the old split view one), but the menu entry (and shortcut) is a toggle for the window and I didn't like how having an extra toggle icon on the toolbar looked. The only other toggle icons are book view and code view. Plus none of the other windows have an icon, and its more of an 'advanced' feature when using Code View. But it does make it harder to find. Same with the Clips Bar which I considered briefly making open by default.

The height stretching is odd. Not sure how it looked before, but if it has changed then its another bug from Qt5. Win some, lose some...