View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 09:53 AM   #1
maxbookworm
Addict
maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Galaxy Note 2
Kindle Paperwhite vs. Kobo Glo

What are everyone's thoughts, considering neither one is out there to check out in person?

I pre-ordered a Paperwhite, but am considering canceling after I took a closer look at the Kobo Glo. Based on the posted specs, the Kobo Glo, is smaller, lighter, and has a longer battery life. I know the screen technologies aren't exactly the same (IR vs. capacitive touch screen, light guide technology probably differs), but I'm wondering if that will affect readability / responsiveness at all. Screen resolution is the same. And I pretty much de-DRM everything and load via Calibre, so the Amazon ecosystem has limited appeal.

I'm leaning towards the Kobo Glo. Anyone else working through the same choice?
maxbookworm is offline   Reply With Quote