View Single Post
Old 04-13-2008, 02:54 AM   #13
billyad2000
Enthusiast
billyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with others

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieScratch View Post
I try not to let mine get lower than 60% before I top it off--I usually only charge once per week or so. It seems (or maybe it's just my imagination) that the batter drains faster as it gets closer to empty. Also it seems like the Cybook is more responsive on a full battery.
I have also noticed this. Then Battery indicator will decrease to 40% during the first 5 or 6 days, then once it's at 40% it goes flat very quickly (The same day in both cases so far, i've only had my cybook 2 weeks). I've not noticed any noticeable difference in responsiveness but it's something i'll watch out for in the future.

As I said earlier, I read that it's best to fully charge and discharge the battery for the first 5 cycles. I'll be happier when this is finished as I can just put it on charge for an hour or so every day.
The biggest problem I forsee is the lifespan of the battery will be greatly reduced from what I was expecting. I did get a spare battery with my pack and I can only hope that even after gen3 is obsolete that Bookeen continue to stay in business and supply older batteries. That being said it may be that continuing advances will persuade me to upgrade before it becomes an issue. I just like to cover all my bases
billyad2000 is offline   Reply With Quote