View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 02:23 AM   #26
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyMartin View Post
This old story. I don't have an opinion on the quality having both Samsung and Apple products. Some ave lasted some have not.

On the quality issue regarding Samsung manufacturing. Components made in one factory are graded for quality after manufacture. Top quality goes in one bin, good in another, reasonable in another and so on. Top quality then sold at higher prices and gets put into better quality products.

Quite frequently a product will fail not because of discrete component failure but because of connections between components, this can obviously vary. Then issues like quality of power supply have an effect. Lots of reasons.

I have 2 Samsung phones and I think the build quality is great. Nice solid feel in the hand and personally better look and feel than the iPhone.
Actually I would not consider buying an iPhone again -- we have had 2 in the family, my wife still uses hers. But HTC's and Nokia's phones do look a lot more polished than Samsung's. My personal impression seeing them side by side in the store.

Last edited by HansTWN; 01-31-2013 at 02:41 AM.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote