View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 11:49 AM   #13
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Lack of storage expansion is pretty much a deal breaker for me. If I have to be tied to the net in order to view content, I may as well do it on my computer. For me, a 7" tablet is for consumption away from home; and that means I'll generally be in places that have no WiFi.
While no SD card isn't exactly a dealbreaker for me, as I have yet to fill my Fire, even with movies, audio-books and lots of apps on it, I too cannot understand this "you'll just get everything from the cloud" mentality.
Maybe in a few years, but these devices are for the here-and-now, and in the here-and-now, even if it always worked perfectly and 'the cloud' was totally safe and reliable, the fact is Wifi is NOT ubiquitous, and cellular data can cost $5/GB.

Now, if we had the infrastructure described HERE, cloud-only devices would be fine.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote