View Single Post
Old 11-16-2020, 09:46 PM   #156
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
But it hasn't stopped working for me and others. I use Sigil 1.4.1 and KindleImport to open Kindle books inSigil all the time. On Windows 7, Windows 10, and several different flavors of Linux. I just used it on about 10 kindlebooks after I saw your post to make sure it was still working.

I'm guessing you're running into the newer "Unmanifested files" warning in newer versions of Sigil. The warning is new, but before that, unmanifested files were silently ignored and subsequently silently deleted by Sigil when saving/reopening. I can assure you that your kindlebooks very likely had the same exact problems on older versions of Sigil, you were just never warned that there might be issues in those older versions.

Kindlebooks have lots of extra cruft in them. Especially if they're in the older mobi format that I suspect the magazines are. It doesn't surprise me at all that there could image files unpacked from mobis that are unmanifested. There were probably problems with your magazines all along. Newer versions of Sigil are just warning you about the problems where the older versions didn't. KindleImport is doing the same things it always did.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote