Thread: Clara HD Top Margin
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2018, 01:53 AM   #5
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Top Margin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calenorn View Post
Hello Folks,

Being new to Kobo I have some basic questions. First I see that changing the margins does not affect the top of the page. I would like a little more white space between the bevel edge and the first line of text. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks in advance!

C.

What firmware version are you using? If it's 4.9.11311 and it is sideloaded epubs you're reading, chances are you are seeing a bug where the top margin disappears. There is a workaround:

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
[...]
Recent known and new bugs:
  • Still a tap to change the reading progress display.
  • For epubs, the initial display is shifted up so that there is virtually no top margin. But, when you change the reading settings, the page is reformatted to have the usual top margin. It will also be fixed after using the previous location button, after navigating to another page via the ToC or the navigation bar.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...nd#post3720739

You shouldn't have to install patches or change CSS 😊

Last edited by Mrs_Often; 08-10-2018 at 02:12 AM.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote