View Single Post
Old 02-15-2008, 02:37 PM   #6
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
TIP #2: BD now allows true margins in resulting .IMP files...

Now, another fix (tip/trick) for those who labouriously churn out these .IMP books for all to benefit...

My three biggest gripes with BD are (were ):

1. default font size too small for enjoyable reading (FIXED see 1st Tip above)
2. Unlike other formats, no margins come out in the resulting .IMP books (FIXED here with Tip #2)
3. Black & white (1-bit) images despite the fact that the EBW 1150 can display 16 5grayscale (4-bit) images and REB 1200 can display 32,768 (15-bit) colour images (Still working on this one...)
FIX #2: All you need is a text editor and to follow these steps:

1. Ensure you have checked the 'load last book at startup' in Configuration/Settings/program settings menu item for this to work better.
2. Finish your ebook, save it and exit BD.
3. Now with your text editor, open the .html0 file in the 'LastFile' directory (in the BD install directory).
4. Just AFTER the <BODY ...> tag, insert the following:
Code:
<span style="margin-left: 2%; margin-right: 2%;">
and save the .html0. You can change the % to suit your own preferences (including 0%, but that would be pointless).
5. Restart BD, have it load the last book you were just working with (and inserted that <span ...> line) and 'make ebook' as usual.
Viola, hello margins!

Anyone want to add any other previously unavailable fixes in the <span ...>?

-Nick

p.s. I first tried to place the 'margin-left/right' settings in the <BODY ... > tag as I usually do, but I noticed that BD strips out the <HTML> to <BODY> tags inclusive, when creating that .oeb temporary file. Oh well the above works just as good!
Attached Files
File Type: imp The Works of Aristotle_small-margins.imp (892.3 KB, 1826 views)

Last edited by nrapallo; 11-06-2008 at 09:22 PM. Reason: added sample .IMP book showing small (2%) margins
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote