Thread: Touch filling up my ereader
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 04:47 AM   #5
Xennex1170
Addict
Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
The one thing I woulkd be careful about is filling it! I'm kind of afraid that you might get a corrupted database on the Kobo if the unit has no free storage when it goes to process the material you just added to it.

Also, when time comes for a firmware upgrade the new firmware is initially copied to the same storage area as the books and database are in, so again, I for see issues....

The new firmware images are normally in the 100 to 150 Meg range .
I can actually comment from experience here.. I haven't really encountered database corruption from filling up the memory on the KT. I've currently got my KT filled to 1390/1400 with no problems on speed or DB corruption. The only problem with having it filled to this point (I suspect a large chunk is actually image files that the KT creates/deletes as needed) is that since firmware updates expect 100-150MB free to unpack and install you won't be able to upgrade till you bring the total down. Or if you look at it the other way if you keep your KT relatively full you can continue to sync a few ebook files w/o the worry of getting upgraded forcefully. If you attempt sync and the KT becomes too full it simply displays a message to erase a few files before trying to sync again. Your KT will not explode like some others may imply..
Xennex1170 is offline   Reply With Quote